Sunday, September 12, 2010

Nice Progress This Weekend

I think I made some nice progress on Dr. A this weekend. I finished the pumpkin and the kitty in the little coffin as well as the major wood sections of Dr. A's coffin. I had my doubts about the kitty as he looked like a big black blob until all the details were stitched. I love his coppery collar! I had not used ThreadworX floss before and Amy selected a fabulous green for us to use in the bed of both coffins and the pumpkin leaf. I particularly like the shading in this green color.

Another new fiber for me is the Kreinik Laser metallic thread. You will see more of it later as I work on other areas but for now you can see it in the edges of the pumpkin leaves. It has sort of a holographic effect. I don't know that you can see it in the photo but even just a little bit of it gives off an unexpected  sparkle.

This afternoon I stitched the main color in Dr. A's face. Without the details of his face, he's looking a little evil. He just needs his eyebrows, I think. I doubt he's as evil as he might want us to think. This week I'll concentrate on his face and clothes. That should make him look a little more friendly!

Hope you all had a good weekend and are ready for the week ahead!


  1. Lovely coffins! You are making great progress on this, Melinda. I am really enjoying watching it grow.

  2. Hi Melinda,

    Dr. A is really coming along. You are doing a beautiful job. Had a wonderful weekend. It is always nice to spend time with Ruth Schmuff.


  3. Hi Jane and Linda - thanks for stopping by and checking on my progress! Linda, can't wait to hear about your weekend at Ruth's shop.