Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Busy Week = Little Stitching

It's been a really busy week at work. I usually work from home but the last two weeks have found me working at our warehouse for most of the day. I don't know what the September temperatures have been like for you, but here in Georgia it's still in the mid-90's every day. Our warehouse is not air-conditioned and by the time I come home, the heat has worn me out and I don't want to do much more than just sit in front of the television. And, as a result, I haven't stitched a lot this week.

I stitched a little bit on Dr. Acula's cape this week and today I added the detail to his face. I had to break out the heavy duty clip-on light to stitch the black cape. Without it, I couldn't see the black stitches on the black canvas.


I just have to say that I can't imagine that there's anyone who can detail a face like Amy. Dr. Acula is the 5th Halloweenie character we have stitched and each of the faces has been so expressive. Everything from the shading of the skin to the eyes, mouth, nose, and hair really brings life to each character. And they are charted so well, it's hard to stitch it incorrectly. Thanks Amy!

September is moving by so quickly, don't you think? We'll be welcoming the next Halloweenie before we know it.

It's back to the warehouse in the morning for me. Will my stitching friends in Canada please send some cool autumn air our way? Have a good week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melinda,
    Dr. A is looking good. You are almost done with him. I just started mine last night. Hope to get the most of the bottom border done tonight.
    Try to stay cool. It has been in the 70s in New York.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. If those Canadians send you some air, please pass some west to Marietta. We're dying here too. Oh what I wouldn't give for a cold night, a fire in the fireplace, a glass of wine and a fun canvas to stitch.
    Dr. Acula is looking good!

    ReplyDelete