Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Fur was Flying This Week!

Have you ever had one of those weeks where you know you put in several good hours of stitching time and yet you don't feel like you have much to show for it? That was me this week.  Perhaps it's that way because the major areas and characters on Christmas Parade are stitched and now I am down to smaller areas and the details.



One of the details I finished this week was the cute squirrel. I love his bushy tail. The tail was stitched using Laura's Turkey Work as is the fur trim on Santa's coat.



Santa now has a furry brim to his hat. I am still amazed that all of those strands of Threadworx can be carefully cut down into what looks like a sheared fur. It's a messy process but tape helps clean up the mess as you go along. I trimmed and trimmed the fur on Santa's hat and decided to stop and come back later to trim some more if needed.




I also finished the majority of the work on the sky. I still have Kreinik tent stitches to add to the sky on the left of the canvas and a few areas across the top of the canvas where I need to fill in with some stitches.

We had a welcome hint of the changing of the seasons this morning. It was a nice cool 64 degrees when I woke up. I know we still have some hot, muggy days ahead of us in September but this morning's temperatures give us hope of cooler days to come.

I succumbed to the siren call of Pinterest this week. Have you made the plunge into Pinterest yet? It's an amazing way to waste a lot of time but have lots of fun in the process. I've picked up some great DIY ideas for projects around the house, holiday decorating ideas, and have cooked three recipes that I found - a slow cooked turkey recipe, a zucchini/squash feta cheese casserole, and crispy baked zucchini fries. Give Pinterest a try - there's no way that you won't find something of interest to you!

To all of my friends who are attending the ANG Seminar in Philadelphia, I hope you have a wonderful time! Learn lots of new techniques and come home and share them with those of us who couldn't make it to Seminar.

Have a great week ahead!

4 comments:

  1. Good Morning! Great blog, like what your doing with your parade. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little squirrel and all the turkey work stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous work - love the stitch on Santa's coat. OH NO - I am avoiding Pinterest like the plague. Blogs are a time suck enough for me LOL - Melody

    ReplyDelete