Monday, July 19, 2010

They're Off to See the Finisher

Stirha and Frank are off to San Francisco to visit with Marlene for a while. The big brown truck picked them up this afternoon and will have them in San Francisco later in the week. I can't wait to see what sort of magic Marlene weaves with these two. Here's their "Before" photo -


I can't wait to show you the "After" photo and will as soon as they return from their trip. I've asked that they be finished as stand-ups. I've done stand-ups with my nativity figures from Melissa Shirley but have asked for a little more embellishment on this series of figures. 

The Groom now has a completed tombstone and completed skulls and bones in the lower right corner. Tonight I may work on Rhett J. Reviens and start the groomsmens' skulls in the lower border. 

If it's Monday night, it must be time for the Real Housewives of New Jersey - my guilty pleasure! It's like a train wreck every week - you can't help but slow down and watch what happens. I love it!

6 comments:

  1. Great going, Melinda. Can't wait to see them after their travels to San Francisco and back. Katt Z. Witch will be curious to see her new cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to know I will have at least two figures in the series to display during the Halloween season. I bought a fabulous black feather wreath at Target last October and I think it will sit on my dining room table with Stirha and Frank inside it when the season rolls around. I had planned to stitch some Melissa Shirley Halloween characters for the wreath but then the Halloweenies came along and put an end to that idea. Maybe next year for them.

    I think your canvas painting project looks great. Sounds like you got lots of good advice from the pros.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Melinda...

    Your blog is beautiful, well laid out, colourful, easy to navigate and read. Your photography is sensational, and your stitching...perfection. These comments do not even touch on all your other talents. You have so inspired me!!!

    I put down the bride (her hair is left to be done) to do another project, but NOW...Dapper Dan...the Groom is calling me.

    Tonight I will begin, putting away my Ruth's Watering Can Lady until the final class arrives in the mail.

    Stand-ups seem like a great idea for finishing. Are you having them finished as one dimensional figures or as Robin did with Katz?

    I read you daily...keep up the good work!!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan - You are so kind! You made my day! I'm so glad you check in to see what progress I am making on my Halloweenies. I have been admiring Ruth's Watering Can Lady on different blogs and I know you must be having fun with that project. Are you also working on the Haunted House? I suppose I will be focusing on that on the blog next month.

    I'm looking forward to getting my stand-ups back in a few weeks. Marlene's work is so wonderful that I may just let her surprise me with the final finishing.

    Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if this will pop up on your radar screen Melinda.

    I have my Halloweenies ready to ship off and was searching for a picture of your collection. I adored that way that they were finished....similar but not all the same. As I recall, they were finished in pairs with feet and side trim the same.

    Do you have a picture of 'the gang'? Might you be able to send it to me? Do you have the ability to view my e-mail address here?

    Please let me know....
    Thanks,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Susan - Your comment made its way to my Inbox but there is no email address to which I can reply. If you want to email me at mmurphy181atcomcast.net I would be happy to share a photo of the Halloweenies group with you. That's exciting that you have yours ready for the finisher!

    I'll be looking for your email.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete