Friday, July 9, 2010

Fancy Pants

The groom is slowly being dressed. I worked the last two evenings on his vest. It's a small area and you wouldn't think it would take two evenings to complete it. The second evening I spent a good bit of the time ripping out what had been stitched the night before. Until I worked on the vest, I thought that stitching black threads on black canvas was awful. But, then, came stitching thin gray threads on gray canvas. I had such a hard time seeing what I had stitched. That's why I spent so much time ripping out. The vest calls for a two-tone reverse mosaic. The small stitches in Baroque Silk only cover one canvas thread. The larger stitches use ribbon floss.


I like the finished vest very much. I was just surprised it was more difficult to stitch than I thought it would be. I haven't finished the buttons yet and need to add the beads.

I stitched the upper part of his pants this afternoon as well as his leg bones. Amy's tip to stitch this with a minimum of distraction is a good one. Heed Amy's tips! There are three rows of Hungarian Point pattern before the repeat with alternating rows of Neon Rays and Sampler Threads. The pattern is not difficult  but it did require frequent referencing of the stitch guide.

                                                   


I may work on his coat tonight and save my stitching on his pants for daylight hours. But, then again, I may just read tonight. A few nights ago I started The Last Child by John Hart and I'm having a hard time putting it down. It won an Edgar Award from The Mystery Writers of America. It's an unusual choice for me as it is a dark, tragic story but one you can't put down.

Don't you love Friday nights? I'm going to cook a pork tenderloin on the grill tonight. I made some herbed polenta last night and may try grilling it along with the pork. It's only 100 degrees outside right now - what's a little more heat from the grill?

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment