Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Devil Went Down to Georgia....

He was lookin' for a soul to steal. With apologies to Charlie Daniels, I think he was looking for his other Halloweenie friends. The UPS man delivered him in a pouring rain on Friday afternoon. Steam was practically rising off the box. Dev L. Mann is one hot Halloweenie character!


There are some familiar elements from other characters but always with a new twist from Amy - the logs and fire, the crows, the pumpkin, the geckos, and, of course, Rhett, the rat who makes an appearance with each character. There are some fun stitches and threads involved in stitching Dev L. Mann's asbestos pant suit.

I hope to start Dev L. Mann later in the week once Sarcoph A. Gus is finished. It's hard to believe that we have reached the end of the Halloweenie characters for this Home Study with Amy. What fun they have been and how they have stretched my needlepoint abilities!

4 comments:

  1. Question on your xoxo...did you use the exact threads and beads in the stitch guide or did you substitute?

    Thanks,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,Dianne - When I bought the canvas from Amy's, I also bought the stitch guide by Julia Key J. Snyder and the thread kit. I believe that Amy's substituted Burmilana 3781 for the Merino silk in the red and Burmilana 3404 for the Merino silk in white. They also substituted Sundance beads # 14, color 465A for the seed beads that Julia used. Everything else stayed the same. The substitutes worked out very well. Are you going to stitch this? It's a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, I have the canvas and stitch guide but, I did not buy the thread kit yet. I thought the merino silk might be comperable to Impressions and I think I am going to use it. It is one of my favorite threads. Thanks for the help, I will be calling Amy's tomorrow to order thread.
    Heading to Key West the weekend of March 4 for the Pischke Pocket Party. Cannot wait to get out of the Michigan winter into sunshine and stitching.

    ReplyDelete