Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Where's My Hardhat?

It's construction time again in the Halloweenies world as the next phase of the Haunted House begins this week. My threads and stitch guide arrived from Amy's today. There is so much to be done! All of it fun and interesting, mind you, but just a lot to do. Looking through the stitch guide reminded me that I still have a lot to catch up on from Kit #3. In kit #4, we'll get to apply false eyelashes to someone's big eye on the canvas and learn to make a hangman's noose. My canvas has been safely tucked away since the end of September so it will be fun to get it out again. I remember thinking when I put it away that I had really made some nice progress on it. Hope I still think that tomorrow!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I spent my holiday with the newlyweds in Jacksonville and we had a fun time as always. Anna and I cooked a Thanksgiving dinner for the three of us and it couldn't have turned out better. We had already had one huge Thanksgiving meal at her grandparents' house earlier in the day but we still found room for our own turkey, dressing, rice and gravy, squash casserole, spinach and cheese squares, and Sister Schubert rolls that evening. To quote Rachel Ray, "Delish!".

I got a little bit of stitching done over Thanksgiving. I took my XOXO project with me to work on. It had been a while since I worked on it but I did complete the third stripe and started on the fourth. It's a fun project as are all of the & more canvases. I particularly like the dimension that the stitch in the third stripe adds to the canvas. Here's a picture of my progress:


My Mystery Class Noel canvas arrived on Monday from Ruth Schmuff. Very cute and looks to be a fairly quick stitching project (unless you are stitching 5 other things at the same time). I love the way Ruth packages her threads in fun, festive bags.  I really felt like I was opening a gift for myself when it arrived - it was that festive. Here's a quick look:


I must thank Robin for including a photo of my Halloween mantle in the December issue of Amy's newsletter. There's lots of good information (as always) in the newsletter and a great look at our next Halloweenie character coming in January.

That's it for tonight. I've still got work to do and some deadlines to meet, so there won't be any stitching tonight. Next time I'll have some photos of the construction work. Have a good week!

3 comments:

  1. As always, Melinda...your blog is always a fun read. Love the XOXO canvas and the stitches and color is perfect.

    Good luck with the House Construction. I figure my directions and threads wil be here tomorrow or Fri in Calif. Amy keeps giving us more fun things to do with the Halloweenies.

    Just not enough time for all these projects. A favorite shop of mine had a sale and now I have more to think about stitching. Whew!!! Hard to resist and now that XOXO is calling to me. Oh dear

    Have a fun week and don't work to hard.

    Sue VanderNoor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sue - You are so right about not enough time for all of our projects. Even though these sales on canvases are so good right now, I think I am at (or getting close) to my limit. I don't know, maybe there isn't such a thing as a limit!

    You have a good week as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melinda,

    I just love the way you change the look of your blog for each season and holiday. Very festive. It really feels a lot like Christmas.
    Love the XOXO canvas. You are doing a beautiful job. I hear this canvas calling my name.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete