Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Little Christmas Stitching

This week I put away the Haunted House (apologies to my fellow Halloweenie stitchers) in favor of working on my Noel canvas which is one of Ruth Schmuff's current mystery classes. You should see what she has planned for the bottom section in red. She gave a clue (at least for the Jingle canvas) in her email blast that arrived today. It involves jingle bells. I just don't know if the Noel canvas will have the same embellishments.


I finished the background of blackwork last night and am now ready to start on the letters. You see those three tubes of beads in the lower right of the canvas? That's what I have in my stitching future - at least until Sarcoph A. Gus arrives. Thank goodness for Pay Per View as movies kept me going through the work on the background. I finally watched Sex and the City 2 - all two and half hours of it. I had read disappointing reviews of it but thought that it couldn't really be that bad. I was wrong. It's that bad. Any movie that has you wondering how much longer until it's over is not one you will be singing the praises of. It's ironic that in this movie about women, I liked the men (Mr. Big and Aiden) more than I liked the girls. Glad I didn't waste more than $4.99 on this movie.

The second movie I watched was the Disney version of A Christmas Carol with Jim Carrey. Gosh, I hope parents didn't take their little children to see this - it was scary! Well done, but scary.

And then I watched Love Actually. I love that movie and watch it throughout the year even when it's not Christmas. I love the actors, the music, the scenery - everything about it.

I may not post again until after Christmas, so let me take this opportunity to wish you all the merriest of Christmases. I will be with Andrew and Anna and hope that you, too, will be with the people you love most. Hope Santa brings you everything you wished for!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Melinda,
    The background on Noel came out great. Cannot wait to get started on mine. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melinda!
    I am Beth Gantz, the designer of the Noel and Jingle Canvas. I am so glad you are having fun stitching the Noel. Ruth did a fabulous job and can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Beth - Thanks for stopping by the blog. I am having such fun stitching your Noel canvas. It is so bold and cheerful and Ruth's choice of stitches and threads really compliments your creativity. I'll be posting on my progress with Noel here on the blog. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete