Sunday, July 14, 2013

SEND THE ARK!

Well, one of the heavy rains last week swept my trash can down the street and I have yet to find it. Sort of makes me think I shouldn't be surprised if I see an ark floating down the street in the next downpour. I have no recent memory of a summer that has been as wet as this one. I hope you are staying dry this summer because I'm certainly not!

There has been a little bit of stitching going on since my last post but not as much as I would like to have gotten done. I needed a few red, white, and blue threads in my life over the last week or two so I started my Melissa Shirley canvas with the little boy holding the Flag. I am using a stitch guide by Carolyn Hedge Baird. This time last year I stitched Melissa's little girl with the watermelon slice. You can see her photo over to the right side of the blog. Both canvases are from a series that Melissa Shirley put out about three or four years ago.

Here's my little patriotic boy so far -


I'm working on the stars this weekend and may start putting in some of the diagonal stripes in the background, too. Such a fun, small project!

I also finished up Egg #9 in the From Russia with Love club. Another satisfying finish -


Egg #10 - the blue egg with the green gems - is another current work in progress.  Stitching 4 Jessicas is the extent of my progress on this egg - but it's a start!


I had a very enjoyable July 4th weekend in Jacksonville with Andrew and Anna. It seemed like a short visit but it was wonderful as always to be with them. I hope you all enjoyed your holiday weekend as well!

Have a wonderful week ahead!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Melinda,
    Wonderful stitching! Sometimes life gets in our way of stitching. Hopefully, things will calm down and you will have more time to stitch.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Great to hear from you. Love the Patriotic boy and the eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your patriotic stitching - I hope you will come and visit one of our Saturday stitch ins next time you are in Jax and have time. I'd love to meet you and see your beautiful projects. Melody

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss your Sunday posts! I hope all is well and you are having a chance to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just found your blog and love it. I miss your posts and hope all is well in your world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your stitching and especially how you decorate your home with the finished items.
    Hope all is well with you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog while Googling "needlepoint groups Augusta GA". Your projects look amazing. I am a needlepoint novice and looking for groups where I can get advice and gain in knowledge, etc. I took the plunge and decided to try to needlepoint some Christmas stockings for my grandsons. This is for Christmas 2014 so I have time to learn along the way. Do you have any suggestions for groups? I live in the CSRA. If you know of any places, would you email me at lchastings@gmail.com Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greatly miss your weekly blogs! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could you please make a quick post to tell us that you are okay?
    I have been praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Melinda, I could not find any other way to contact you other than this. Hope this finds you. I see that you have one of my designs stitched on your blog. It's the 'boo' with the orange and cream stripe background. I am Julia Snyder of & more and wish you would give me and our company credit as you give Melissa Shirley credit.
    Thank you,
    Julia Snyder
    & more

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melinda, where did you get your Noel, its so cute!

    ReplyDelete