Sunday, October 9, 2011

My New Halloween Friends

This week, just as I was trying to make a decision on which canvas to pull out of the stash to stitch, two new Halloween friends arrived on my doorstep. Meet Fraidy Cat and Frankenstein from NeedleDeeva.


The stitch guides are by Robin King and she has really pulled out all the stops on these Creepy Characters. There are no less than 23 threads in this one character! Fortunately, many of the threads can be used on the other characters. Robin's guides are written and illustrated with excellent attention to detail so that along with the photo of the finished ornament, there is very little doubt as to how a particular stitch or section should look. Thanks, Robin!



I wasn't able to begin stitching Fraidy Cat until Friday evening but there is already a good bit of progress to show you on Sunday morning. I completed the two green/yellow borders yesterday and this morning have just completed the skip tent purple section that is the background for the spider web. Stitching the spider web is next on the agenda.

It didn't take long for me to realize that it will be difficult to not stitch all of the Creepy Characters. They will make a great quick, small project to have on hand especially if you have a larger, long-term project in the works - as I will as soon as my next Home Study with Amy arrives in November. I can't wait for the Melissa Shirley Christmas banner to arrive!

It's time for Sunday lunch and football, so I'm out of here for now! Hope you have a wonderful week and enjoy this wonderful fall weather!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Melinda,
    What a quick fun project. You will have the two of them done in no time.
    I also cannot wait for the Christmas banner.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started the spooky Skelton from the same series and I love working on mine also. Love the idea that Chaparral showed for finishing. Multiple ribbons so that they can be tied together as a garland. Also, will you share the label information for your pumpkin face you showed last week. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the post - I hope you are having a great time with the Creeps! And, hopefully you missed the Chargers/Broncos game...
    Judee
    NeedleDeeva

    ReplyDelete