Sunday, March 6, 2011

Candy Corn Morning

I made nice progress on the Fall Trees this week. This morning was spent working on the candy corn. I am adding the Accentuate strand over the top of the candy corn stitches to add some subtle sparkle. I apologize in advance for the poor picture quality. We have add such a dreary, wet morning and afternoon today and the light has not been the best for picture taking.


I enjoyed adding the Swarovski jet beads in one of the upper bands and I see that I will be doing the same in a larger section below the candy corn. But looking at my bead supply, I just realized I don't have nearly enough to bead three more sections. I'll have to email Ruth and ask for more.

One afternoon this week I was in the drive-thru line at Chick Fil A and noticed a mini van that pulled into a parking spot nearby. I couldn't help but notice what was written in cursive across the van's rear window - "Single Mom Doing Her Own Thang". As I contemplated the deeper meaning of this statement, a very pregnant woman (the Single Mom?) with pink hair got out of the van and crossed in front of me carrying an empty Mount Olive pickle jar. I can't really imagine why she was taking an empty pickle jar into Chick Fil A but I almost wish I had stuck around to see what she came back out with. Isn't that bizarre?

A big thanks to USA Network for having an Indiana Jones marathon today! Makes for good company while stitching!

Have a good week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melinda,
    The Fall Trees are looking good. The thread selection, stitches and clolors really make this piece.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete