Sunday, May 5, 2013

An Egg-citing Week for Finishing

I can't tell you how excited I was this past week to receive my four finished From Russia with Love eggs from The Needle House especially after the week before it seemed that they hadn't even started them.

The eggs are expertly finished! Each one is like a beautifully wrapped package. The fabrics, trims, and ribbons have been carefully selected to coordinate perfectly with each egg.


The side views are as lovely as the front views. I think I will keep these out for awhile as they really are too pretty to put away!

My work this week left me too tired to stitch most evenings but a burst of energy Wednesday evening and some quality stitching time on Saturday helped me make some nice progress on The Tudors.


The red triangular shaped area and the red strip at the top are a six-step stitch pattern. Yesterday I finished Step 5 of the 6 steps. This is the beading step and I always enjoy beading. Not the greatest picture today but the camera and the computer didn't seem to want to cooperate today. It's much prettier than this picture would indicate!

Last week I promised that I would show you one of the canvases I ordered from Amy during the January market. In this group photo on the left is Melissa Shirley's cat canvas. She offers this silhouette in several designs. I chose this one because of the other two Melissa Shirley canvases that I have. Last year I bought the Whimsy canvas along with the threads and stitch guide from Bestitched. Then I saw a companion piece in the Bloom canvas. My thought is that with the stitch guide for Whimsy I have lots of ideas and threads that I can use when it comes to stitching the Bloom and cat canvases. Now, I just need to find time to put Whimsy into the stitching rotation.


It has been a cool, gloomy, rainy week here in Georgia. I'm hoping for warmer weather and sunshine in the upcoming week. I'm heading to Jacksonville for the Mother's Day weekend.  I can't believe I haven't been there since Christmas! Can't wait to see Andrew and Anna!

I'll take this opportunity to wish my stitching friends who are Moms a Happy Mother's Day and hope that you are able to spend it with your family and friends.

I'll be back in a couple of weeks but until then have a great week ahead!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Melinda,
    The eggs are spectacular!! Now you have to find the perfect place to show them off.
    Great progress on the Tudors. It looks great.
    Have a safe trip to Jacksonville and a wonderful Mother's Day with Andrew and Anna.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was worth the wait! The eggs look wonderful. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day with your children. I, too, am on the road to see my mom and one of my children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The eggs are just beautiful as is all of your work. I can't wait to see progress on Bloom and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete